Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

my little pot gets handles

So, my little Raku pot got trimmed and got handles and a layer of terra sigillata.  It is now in the bisque fire. At this point, if I don't have a plan for the glaze, which I usually don't, I start thinking about it. It is really good if I write it down, I forget what I was going to do far to often. There are so many different ways to go. This one might be naked raku with a rim of black and black handles.

 I smoothed out all the ridges before I painted on the terra sig and that should make the naked raku work better. I haven't had very good luck with the naked raku, it never peels off for me, or the one time it did, it was a pretty boring pattern. I have had really good luck with all the other glazes and even the commercial glazes with clear over top. But, if nothing else, I am an experimenter and really want to try just about everything. It would have been better if I realized how much I loved potting before this, but I will make up for lost time.

No comments:

Post a Comment